How much does an Ultrasound scan cost in Georgia?
Ultrasound cost in Georgia
Ultrasound cost in Georgia is between $600-$6,000 based on the analysis of 100 medical providers who perform Ultrasound in Georgia. Cash patients pay as little as $250-$600 for the Ultrasound scan. Learn tips on how to negotiate the best rate for your scan.
Ultrasound scan cost in Georgia by insurance type
|Cash patient||NaN - NaN||NaN - NaN|
|High-deductible patient||NaN - NaN||NaN - NaN|
|Insured patient||NaN - NaN||NaN - NaN|
|Medicare/Medicaid patient||NaN - NaN||NaN - NaN|
Insured Ultrasound cost
At hospitals in Georgia, patients with health insurance can expect to pay a co-pay between NaN and NaN , which is 1 of the total cost of between N/A and N/A. To avoid additional charges, patients need to ensure the radiologist is also in-network, otherwise their fees will need to be paid in full.
Medicare Ultrasound cost
Medical & Medicare are the largest payers for healthcare in Georgia, so they negotiate the best rates. They can pay between N/A and N/A per scan, patients can expect to pay as little as NaN in co-pay . Keep in mind there is a high chance that doctors will deny an Ultrasound referral, as Medicare only covers the cost of medical imaging in very selective cases.
High-deductible Ultrasound cost
Almost 40% of all adult patients have high-deductible health plans, which means they need to meet their deductible of up to $13,000 per family before their insurance kicks-in. They can expect to pay the full price for the Ultrasound scan. For these patients, the best option is to pay in cash.
Cash Ultrasound cost
Self-pay patients can get a discount of up to 80% by using a service such as AffordableScan and can get an Ultrasound scan for as little as N/A . Our partner facilities are able to use their excess capacity and pass the savings to our patients.
Ultrasound scan costs by procedure type in Georgia
- : -
Cost of Ultrasound scan by city
About Ultrasound scans
Ultrasound scan is an image of internal body organs that radiologist look at to evaluate medical injuries. According to articles published in USA Today, the Ultrasound cost varies widely based on facility & location. There are about 3,000 hospitals with imaging centers, that need to pay for they expensive emergency departments, so they charge the insurance companies extra for their patients' use of imaging services. As of now the imaging procedure prices are about 10x what they are in Europe .
Tips for saving on Ultrasounds in Georgia
- Shop around for the best price ( get a quote for facilities near you)
- Don’t hesitate to ask for discounts
- Look for facilities that work with a teleradiologist, those provide much better reading costs
- Ask about all the fees - do they include the cost of the Ultrasound and the cost of the radiologist reading?
- Take your doctor referral with you to another facility – your referral might be issued for one of the most expensive hospitals in the area
- Use the machine type that is sufficient for your scan – if you need an Ultrasound for a knee or a shoulder, you don’t need the “Ferrari” of Ultrasounds that will cost you thousands of dollars, a simple “Toyota” like Ultrasound for will completely do the job
- Use a patient concierge service such as AffordableScan to get a quote and schedule and appointment. We'll be happy to assist you
Not sure where to start?Get a quote and save 80% off
Our patient concierge will help you find the most affordable imaging center.