How much does an Ultrasound cost in Florida?
Ultrasound cost in Florida
Ultrasound costs in Florida by insurance coverage & health plans
|Insured patient (25% copay) (Compare plans)||$24 - $361||$44 - $602|
|High-deductible patient||$98 - $1,445||$175 - $2,409|
|Medicare/Medicaid patient (20% copay) (Compare plans)||$13 - $36||$19 - $53|
|Cash patient||$113 - $222||$113 - $311|
Ultrasound price by city in Florida
Insured Ultrasound cost
At hospitals in Florida, patients with health insurance can expect to pay a copay between $44 and $602, which is 25% of the total cost of the Ultrasound procedure. To avoid additional charges, patients need to ensure the radiologist is also in-network, otherwise their fees will need to be paid in full. Also, if you haven't met your yearly deductible yet, you will be likely billed the full procedure list price ($175 - $2,409) and your insurance coverage will kick-in only after meeting the yearly deductible.
If your insurance plan has limited coverage for imaging procedures or high-deductible, you can use our patient asssist program to compare other insurance plans to rightsize your insurance coverage to meet your needs.
Medicare Ultrasound cost
Medical & Medicare are the largest payers for healthcare in Florida, so they negotiate the best rates. They can pay between $97 and $267 per scan, patients can expect to pay price ranges as little as $19 in copay . Keep in mind there is a high chance that doctors will deny an Ultrasound referral, as Medicare only covers the cost of medical imaging in very selective cases.
High-deductible Ultrasound cost
Almost 40% of all adult patients have high-deductible health plans, which means they need to meet their deductible of up to $13,000 per family before their insurance kicks-in. They can expect to pay the full price for the Ultrasound ($175 - $2,409). For these patients, the best option is often to pay in cash.
Cash Ultrasound cost
Self-pay patients can get a discount of up to 80% by using a service such as AffordableScan and can get an Ultrasound for as little as $113. Our partner testing facilities are able to use their excess capacity and pass the savings to our patients.
Ultrasound costs by procedure type & body part in Florida
- Ultrasound of pelvis: $112 - $1,800
- Ultrasound of arm or leg: $94 - $300
- Ultrasound of head and neck: $130 - $4,500
- Ultrasound of abdomen: $113 - $2,409
- Ultrasound pelvis through vagina: $172 - $1,576
About Ultrasound proceduresUltrasound is an image of internal body organs that radiologist look at to evaluate medical injuries. According to articles published in USA Today, the Ultrasound medical test cost varies widely based on facility & location. There are about 3,000 hospitals with imaging centers, that need to pay for they expensive emergency departments, so they charge the insurance companies extra for their patients' use of imaging services. As of now the imaging procedure prices are about 10x what they are in Europe .
Tips for saving on Ultrasounds in Florida
- Shop around for the best price (get a quote for facilities near you).
- Don’t hesitate to ask for & compare prices.
- Look for facilities that work with a teleradiologist, those provide much better reading costs.
- Ask about all the fees - do they include the cost of the Ultrasound and the cost of the radiologist reading?
- Take your doctor referral with you to another facility – your referral might be issued for one of the most expensive hospitals in the area.
- Use the machine type that is sufficient for your scan – if you need an procedure for a musco-skeletal issue, you don’t need the “Ferrari” quality level for your test that will cost you thousands of dollars, a simple “Toyota” level quality will do just fine.
- Use a patient concierge service such as AffordableScan to get a quote and schedule and appointment. We'll be happy to assist you.