Best price for MRI cost in Orland Hills, Illinois
MRI cost Orland Hills, Illinois
MRI scan costs in Orland Hills by insurance coverage & health care plans
|MRI study price w/o contrast||Price range|
|MRI cost for fully-insured patient (25% co-pay)||$644 - $1,002|
|MRI cost for high-deductible plan||$2,578 - $4,007|
|MRI cost for Medicare / Medicaid insurance (20% co-pay)||$70 - $90|
|MRI cost for a self-pay patient||$250 - $527|
Cash MRI price by city in Illinois
- Algonquin: $315-$4,929
- Alton: $250-$6,109
- Arlington Heights: $348-$2,750
- Aurora: $328-$3,250
- Bloomingdale: $250-$3,543
- Bloomington: $250-$7,545
- Carbondale: $329-$4,228
- Carol Stream: $289-$4,966
- Carterville: $343-$4,260
- Chicago: $256-$5,468
- Chicago Ridge: $290-$2,855
- Cicero: $306-$5,468
- Crest Hill: $250-$4,077
- Crystal Lake: $325-$2,949
- Darien: $342-$5,650
- Deerfield: $345-$3,183
- Des Plaines: $340-$3,173
- Elgin: $338-$6,459
- Elmhurst: $336-$2,375
- Fairview Heights: $322-$5,838
- Frankfort: $320-$3,250
- Geneva: $250-$4,993
- Hazel Crest: $333-$4,830
- Hinsdale: $330-$4,966
- Hoffman Estates: $407-$3,250
- Homer Glen: $341-$3,250
- Joliet: $250-$7,155
- Lake in the Hills: $250-$4,993
- Lake Zurich: $250-$3,844
- Libertyville: $334-$4,225
- Maryville: $334-$3,006
- Merrionette Park: $310-$5,369
- Moline: $250-$2,324
- Morton Grove: $327-$5,468
- Mount Vernon: $322-$4,441
- Naperville: $335-$5,468
- Niles: $251-$7,603
- Oak Brook: $302-$8,750
- Oak Lawn: $250-$3,250
- Oak Park: $250-$3,338
- O'Fallon: $326-$3,163
- Olney: $250-$1,852
- Olympia Fields: $250-$3,847
- Orland Hills: $250-$4,007
- Orland Park: $323-$4,966
- Palos Heights: $338-$7,155
- Park Ridge: $306-$5,250
- Peoria: $250-$1,906
- Rockford: $250-$4,316
- Rock Island: $250-$2,327
- Rolling Meadows: $336-$4,440
- Round Lake Beach: $250-$1,771
- Schaumburg: $325-$2,927
- South Holland: $317-$4,966
- Springfield: $250-$4,600
- St Charles: $335-$3,413
- Swansea: $332-$4,100
- Tinley Park: $250-$3,025
- Westchester: $250-$3,330
- Westmont: $332-$4,500
- Wheaton: $344-$2,885
Insured MRI scan cost Orland Hills
At hospitals in Orland Hills, patients with health insurance can expect to pay a copay between $644 and $1,002, which is 25% of the total cost of the MRI scan procedure. To avoid additional charges, patients need to ensure the radiologist is also in-network, otherwise their fees will need to be paid in full. Also, if you haven't met your yearly deductible yet, you will be likely billed the full procedure list price ($2,578 - $4,007) and your insurance coverage will kick-in only after meeting the yearly deductible.
If your insurance plan has limited coverage for imaging procedures or high-deductible, you can use our patient asssist program to compare other insurance plans to rightsize your insurance coverage to meet your needs.
Medicare MRI scan cost Orland Hills
Medical & Medicare are the largest payers for healthcare in Orland Hills, so they negotiate the best rates. They can pay between $351 and $452 per scan, patients can expect to pay price ranges as little as $70 in copay . Keep in mind there is a high chance that doctors will deny an MRI scan referral, as Medicare only covers the cost of medical imaging in very selective cases.
High-deductible MRI scan cost Orland Hills
Almost 40% of all adult patients have high-deductible health plans, which means they need to meet their deductible of up to $13,000 per family before their insurance kicks-in. They can expect to pay the full price for the MRI scan ($2,578 - $4,007). For these patients, the best option is often to pay in cash.
Cash MRI cost Orland Hills
Self-pay patients can get a discount of up to 80% by using a service such as AffordableScan and can get an MRI scan for cash price as little as $250. Our partner testing facilities are able to use their excess capacity and pass the savings to our patients.
MRI scan costs by procedure type & body part in Illinois
- MRI scan of spine: $250 - $4,007
About MRI proceduresMRI scan is an image of internal body organs that radiologist look at to evaluate medical injuries. According to articles published in USA Today, the MRI scan medical procedure cost varies widely based on facility & location. There are about 3,000 hospitals with imaging centers, that need to pay for they expensive emergency departments, so they charge the insurance companies extra for their patients' use of imaging services. As of now the imaging procedure prices are about 10x what they are in Europe .
Tips for saving on MRI scans in Illinois
- Shop around for the best price (get a quote for facilities near you).
- Don’t hesitate to ask for pricing infromation & compare prices for procedures with and without contrast.
- Look for facilities that work with a teleradiologist, those provide much better reading costs.
- Ask about all the fees - do they include the cost of the MRI scan and the cost of the radiologist reading?
- Take your doctor referral with you to another facility – your referral might be issued for one of the most expensive hospitals in the area.
- Use the machine type that is sufficient for your scan – if you need an procedure for a musco-skeletal issue, you don’t need the “Ferrari” quality level for your test that will cost you thousands of dollars, a simple “Toyota” level quality will do just fine.
- Use a patient concierge service such as AffordableScan to get a quote and schedule and appointment. We'll be happy to assist you.