How much does an Blood urea nitrogen test cost in California?
Blood urea nitrogen test cost California
Blood urea nitrogen test costs in California by insurance coverage & health care plans
|Blood urea nitrogen test study price w/o contrast||Price range|
|Blood urea nitrogen test cost for fully-insured patient (0.25 co-pay)||2.73110583445 - 40.625|
|Blood urea nitrogen test cost for high-deductible plan||10.9244233378 - 162.5|
|Blood urea nitrogen test cost for Medicare / Medicaid insurance (0.2 co-pay)||0.56625 - 3.186|
|Blood urea nitrogen test cost for paying cash||8 - 18.585|
Cash Blood urea nitrogen test price by city in California
- Anaheim: 8-87.5
- Arcadia: 8-48.7736401675
- Bakersfield: 8-46.25
- Bellflower: 8-75
- Beverly Hills: 8-62.5
- Burbank: 8-41.171755725
- Campbell: 8-65.684036145
- Chula Vista: 8-75
- Clovis: 8-30
- Costa Mesa: 8-50
- Cypress: 8-55
- Diamond Bar: 8-43.35
- El Monte: 8-87.5
- Fresno: 8-62.5
- Glendale: 8-50
- Goleta: 8-49.780405405
- Hemet: 8-17.5
- Highland: 8-44.6769841275
- Inglewood: 8-125
- Irvine: 8-25.7375
- Laguna Hills: 8-75
- La Mesa: 8-57.4130434775
- La Verne: 8-18.575
- Livermore: 8-42.875609755
- Long Beach: 8-34.908163265
- Los Angeles: 8-75
- Merced: 8-75
- Mission Viejo: 8-37.5
- Modesto: 8-55
- Monrovia: 8-24.30185185175
- Montclair: 8-37.5
- Mountain View: 8-55
- Newport Beach: 8-70
- Oakland: 8-40.35
- Orange: 8-62.5
- Palo Alto: 8-55
- Pomona: 8-100
- Porterville: 8-62.2222222225
- Rancho Mirage: 8-59.4678571425
- Redding: 8-44.3217741925
- Redwood City: 8-162.5
- Riverside: 8-72.3
- Sacramento: 8-29.82086354
- Salinas: 8-75
- San Bernardino: 8-37.5
- San Carlos: 8-78.625
- San Diego: 8-75
- San Francisco: 8-52.5
- San Jose: 8-38.7893617025
- San Leandro: 8-81.45203252
- San Marcos: 8-27.10089514
- Santa Ana: 8-30
- Santa Barbara: 8-57.8432835825
- Santa Fe Springs: 8-51.9883333325
- Santa Rosa: 8-57.5
- Signal Hill: 8-40.625
- Stockton: 8-48.92826087
- Templeton: 8-86.3826923075
- Thousand Oaks: 8-37.5
- Torrance: 8-55
- Tustin: 8-50.88888889
- Visalia: 8-62.5
- Walnut Creek: 8-34.945588235
- West Hollywood: 8-87.5
- Whittier: 8-50
- Yorba Linda: 8-75
- Yuba City: 8-55
Insured Blood urea nitrogen test cost
At hospitals in California, patients with health insurance can expect to pay a copay between 2.73110583445 and 40.625, which is 0.25 of the total cost of the Blood urea nitrogen test procedure. To avoid additional charges, patients need to ensure the radiologist is also in-network, otherwise their fees will need to be paid in full. Also, if you haven't met your yearly deductible yet, you will be likely billed the full procedure list price (10.9244233378 - 162.5) and your insurance coverage will kick-in only after meeting the yearly deductible.
If your insurance plan has limited coverage for imaging procedures or high-deductible, you can use our patient asssist program to compare other insurance plans to rightsize your insurance coverage to meet your needs.
Medicare Blood urea nitrogen test cost
Medical & Medicare are the largest payers for healthcare in California, so they negotiate the best rates. They can pay between 2.83125 and 15.93 per scan, patients can expect to pay price ranges as little as 0.56625 in copay . Keep in mind there is a high chance that doctors will deny an Blood urea nitrogen test referral, as Medicare only covers the cost of medical imaging in very selective cases.
High-deductible Blood urea nitrogen test cost
Almost 40% of all adult patients have high-deductible health plans, which means they need to meet their deductible of up to $13,000 per family before their insurance kicks-in. They can expect to pay the full price for the Blood urea nitrogen test (10.9244233378 - 162.5). For these patients, the best option is often to pay in cash.
Cash Blood urea nitrogen test cost California
Self-pay patients can get a discount of up to 80% by using a service such as AffordableScan and can get an Blood urea nitrogen test for cash price as little as 8. Our partner testing facilities are able to use their excess capacity and pass the savings to our patients.
Blood urea nitrogen test costs by procedure type & body part in California
- Urea nitrogen level to assess kidney function: 8 - 162.5
About Blood urea nitrogen test proceduresBlood urea nitrogen test is an image of internal body organs that radiologist look at to evaluate medical injuries. According to articles published in USA Today, the Blood urea nitrogen test medical procedure cost varies widely based on facility & location. There are about 3,000 hospitals with imaging centers, that need to pay for they expensive emergency departments, so they charge the insurance companies extra for their patients' use of imaging services. As of now the imaging procedure prices are about 10x what they are in Europe .
Tips for saving on Blood urea nitrogen tests in California
- Shop around for the best price (get a quote for facilities near you).
- Don’t hesitate to ask for pricing infromation & compare prices for procedures with and without contrast.
- Look for facilities that work with a teleradiologist, those provide much better reading costs.
- Ask about all the fees - do they include the cost of the Blood urea nitrogen test and the cost of the radiologist reading?
- Take your doctor referral with you to another facility – your referral might be issued for one of the most expensive hospitals in the area.
- Use the machine type that is sufficient for your scan – if you need an procedure for a musco-skeletal issue, you don’t need the “Ferrari” quality level for your test that will cost you thousands of dollars, a simple “Toyota” level quality will do just fine.
- Use a patient concierge service such as AffordableScan to get a quote and schedule and appointment. We'll be happy to assist you.