MRI cost in Dallas, Houston, Austin in Texas:
MRI costs vary by location and facility type. A high deductible patient pays anywhere between $600 – $6,000 for an MRI, therefore it’s very important to ask ahead about the MRI price
Stand-alone outpatient facilities offer the most affordable options for MRIs, CTs & Ultrasound
Generally, large hospitals in Texas are one of the most expensive options for MRI for high-deductible or uninsured patients. Fortunately, Texas is home to ones of the larger cities in the country which is positively reflected in the average price of MRI scan that is driven by the competition of numerous outpatient clinics in Houston, Dallas, Austin.
Tips for high deductible & uninsured patients for getting the best MRI price
Save thousands of dollars by paying in cash. These facilities save cost on running large billing & collection departments and as a result, can pass all of these savings directly to you. Sometimes with a little haggling, you can get the best MRI price even with an 80% discount.
Top tips for the most affordable MRI price in Texas
- Shop around for the best deal, call 3-6 facilities in large cities such as Antonio, Dallas get the exact price and use it to negotiate with the facility that is near your home
- Take your doctor referral to any facility of your choice, you don’t need to go to the most expensive location that your doctor has suggested.
- Ask for a cash discount before you do your MRI scan.
- Doublecheck that facility will not bill you for any additional fees.
Cash MRI prices & fees by type of procedure in Texas:
MRIs prices vary by complexity of the scan & the reading and if the scan requires doctor contrast. Here are the cash prices at outpatient clinics:
- MRI scan without contrast: $350-900
- MRI scan with contrast: $450-$1200
- MRI scan with & without contrast: $450-$2000