MRI scan is a painless, noninvasive procedure to get images of your body. An MRI without insurance can cost you as little as $250.
Insurance Denying Medical Imaging Claim
Insurance denying a claim for imaging services? Do you need an MRI without insurnace? Insured patients suffering from high out of pocket costs for MRI, CT, and Ultrasound scans? Are you an uninsured patient not sure where to turn after a doctor hands a referral for imaging needs? These are common questions that many patients ask in the beginning stages of looking for medical imaging facilities. Thankfully, there are options and alternatives both insured and uninsured patients needing imaging scans. These centers allow patients to obtain necessary medical scans while avoiding high out of pocket costs, and time-wasting haggling with insurance agencies.
Medical Imaging Centers:
Medical imaging facilities unrelated to “in-network” doctors and hospitals offer services for cash pay patients. These facilities work with patients and their referring doctors to provide images as well as the radiologist report vital for treatment of the presenting condition. Furthermore, these centers offer excellent cash pay discounts, and often bundled discounts for more than one scan needed. Moreover, the wait that patients endure haggling with insurance companies poses a huge challenge when the time is of the essence. Perhaps, the best advantage of these facilities is the ability to provide same day or next day appointments required for efficient follow-up care. So the good news is that you can get
Average MRI & CT and prices with no insurance in
- MRI of the Cervical Spine: $450 – $1,200
- MRI of the Head: $350 – $975
- MRI of the Foot: $300 – $750
- CT of the Brain: $315 – $800
- CT of the Lumbar Spine: $375 – $1,000
- CT of the Pelvis: $600 – $1,200
How to start and get MRI without insurance?
If you are interested, you can also check out comparison of prices in California.
First, obtaining a doctor’s referral is an important step to finding a stand alone medical facility. Next, remember to make the best, most informed medical decision, it is always best to use a third party company who is familiar with the industry. These agencies are equipped to help patients make decisions for the betterment of their health, at the most affordable price.
Looking to save money? Get a quote for an MRI with our partner service.
How to save money on MRI scan with no insurance in California
- Take your doctor referral to the facility that offers you the best price for MRI scan and you can get there an MRI without insurance
- Shop around across 4-10 facilities to find the best deal for you, focus also on free-standing imaging facilities
- Pay in cash to save 40-80% of the cost (HSA counts)
- Consider doing this MRI in the large metro area (Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas) that have more competitive rates