MRI scan costs in Florida
An MRI in Florida can cost anywhere between $321-$6570 based on the analysis of 250 medical providers who perform them. Patients paying cash can pay as little as $272-$725 for an MRI scan.
Below you will learn tips on how to negotiate the best rate for your scan:
MRI scan cost in Florida by insurance type
|Insurance||Hospital MRI costs||Imaging center MRI costs|
|Insured patient||$160 – $1,643
|$80 – $986
|High-deductible patient||$641 – $6,570||$321 – $3,942|
|Medicare/Medicaid patient||$54 – $124
|$36 – $83
|$272 – $518|
Insured MRI cost
At hospitals in Florida, insured patients can expect to pay a 25%
co-pay which considering an MRI cost between $641-$6,570 can translate to a copay of $160-$1,643. Please make sure that the radiologist is in-network, otherwise, you’ll pay a higher out-of-network price.
Medicare MRI cost
Medicaid & Medicare are the largest payers of hospital & imaging centers in Florida, and for this reason, they get the best-negotiated rates. They can pay as little as $272-$622 dollars per scan, so as a patient you can expect a co-pay between $54-$124. Keep in mind there is a big chance your doctor will deny you an MRI referral, as Medicare is very selective in which cases of medical imaging it covers.
High-deductible MRI cost
Almost 40% of adult patients belong to high-deductible plans, who need to meet their deductible of up to $13,000 per family before the insurance kicks in. Considering this, they can expect to pay the full price of MRI scan, so their best option is to pay in cash (see below).
Cash MRI cost
Self-pay patients through platforms such as AffordableScan can get up to an 80% discount in Florida by booking unused appointments from an imaging clinic. This could mean getting an MRI scan for as little as $321.
Cost of MRI scan for special procedures
- MRI scan without contrast: $272 – $6,570
Cost of MRI scan by city
- Bradenton MRI costs: $482 – $5,625
- Coral Springs MRI costs: $459 – $4,738
- Delray Beach MRI costs: $476 – $3,800
- Fort Myers MRI costs: $389 – $5,000
- Gainesville MRI costs: $324 – $5,723
- Hialeah MRI costs: $504 – $3,750
- Jacksonville MRI costs: $317 – $4,600
- Jacksonville Beach MRI costs: $324 – $6,570
- Kissimmee MRI costs: $476 – $4,750
- Longwood MRI costs: $507 – $3,999
- Melbourne MRI costs: $457 – $3,425
- Miami MRI costs: $440 – $5,950
- Oakland Park MRI costs: $281 – $4,750
- Ocala MRI costs: $499 – $3,988
- Ocoee MRI costs: $465 – $4,330
- Orlando MRI costs: $463 – $5,618
- Palm Harbor MRI costs: $489 – $6,100
- Panama City MRI costs: $473 – $4,600
- Pembroke Pines MRI costs: $470 – $4,488
- Pensacola MRI costs: $272 – $4,600
- Plantation MRI costs: $480 – $4,625
- Rockledge MRI costs: $487 – $3,400
- Saint Petersburg MRI costs: $489 – $6,125
- Sarasota MRI costs: $458 – $5,625
- St. Augustine MRI costs: $462 – $3,988
- Stuart MRI costs: $488 – $4,625
- Tampa MRI costs: $475 – $5,600
- West Palm Beach MRI costs: $480 – $5,260
About MRI scans
An MRI scan is a procedure that uses a large magnet to create an image of internal body organs. According to articles published in USA Today, the MRI cost varies widely based on facility & location. There are about 3,000 hospitals with imaging centers that need to pay for their expensive emergency departments, so they charge insurance companies high prices for their patients’ use of imaging services.
Did you know? Imaging procedure prices in the US are about 10x what they are in Europe.
Tips for savings on MRI scan price in Florida
- Shop around for the best price & don’t hesitate to ask for a discount
- Look for facilities that work with a teleradiologist, those provide much more affordable imaging reading costs
- Ask about all the fees. Do they include the cost of MRI and the cost of the radiologist reading?
- Take your doctor referral with you to another facility to price compare. Your referral might be issued to one of the most expensive hospitals in the country, but you are free to take it to any other facility of your choice within the state
- Find the most suitable machine for your type of scan. – if you need an MRI for a knee or a shoulder, you don’t need to do it in the “Ferrari” of MRIs machines, which will cost you thousands of dollars. For these cases, you can use a clinic that has high-quality but simpler machines, which will cost you a fraction and will do the job equally well.
- Use patient concierge service such as AffordableScan to find the nearest clinic and book an appointment. We’ll be happy to assist you!