MRI cost in Chicago & Illinois:
Based on the article published in USA Today, MRI costs vary by location and facility type. A high deductible patient pays anywhere between $600 – $6,000 for an MRI, therefore it’s very important to ask ahead about the MRI price
Stand-alone outpatient facilities – the affordable option for MRIs, CTs & Ultrasound
You can find the best equipped and usually most expensive facilities at national research hospitals such as Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Patients who have visited these such facilities are sometimes must pay as high as $2,600-$6,000 for a single MRI scan. A better option is to visit outpatient imaging centers such as the ones in Elk Grove Village, where MRI cost as little as $350 per scan.
Tips for high deductible & uninsured patients for getting the best MRI price
You can save thousands of dollars by paying in cash. Such facilities do not need to pay for collections or keep a large billing department, so they can pass all of these savings to you. Sometimes with a little haggling, you can get the best MRI price even with an 80% discount.
Top tips for the most affordable MRI price in Chicago
- Shop around for the best deal, call 3-4 facilities in advance to get the exact price.
- Take your doctor referral to any facility of your choice, you don’t need to go to the most expensive location that your doctor has suggested.
- Ask for a cash discount before you do your MRI scan.
- Doublecheck that facility will not bill you for any additional fees.
Cash MRI prices & fees by type of procedure in Chicago:
MRIs prices vary by complexity of the scan & the reading and if the scan requires doctor contrast. Here are the cash prices at outpatient clinics:
- MRI scan without contrast: $350-900
- MRI scan with contrast: $400-$1300
- MRI scan with & without contrast: $500-$2000
- MRA of heart: $900-$2,000
Ready to get started?